Proof Of Insurance No Longer Required To Obtain Tax Discs


From 16th December 2013, you won’t need to produce proof of compulsory insurance when applying for a vehicle tax disc.

According to the Department of Transport, it is no longer necessary because regular checks for valid motor insurance are made under the new continuous insurance enforcement scheme.

It would appear that you will still need to produce an MOT certificate where applicable.

Don’t forget that some vehicles are tax exempt, so perhaps now is the time to invest in a classic car, (if built before January 1973), or steam roller. On a slightly more practical note, electric and agricultural vehicles are also exempt. There are also exemptions for various types of mobility vehicles.

Click here to find out more about our motoring fine defence services

Richard Silver CTA Call us on 0808 231 3908