DVLA SORN requirements – don’t risk a fine

Many drivers don’t realise that if your vehicle is untaxed, or uninsured, you need to make a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification), EVEN if you don’t use or keep the vehicle on a public road. That means you need to make a SORN declaration, even if you keep it in a garage, on a drive, or on private land. Failure to make a SORN is an offence, for which you can be fined.

Many people can be caught out by this requirement, for example classic car or bike owners who don’t use their vehicles all year round.

Once you have made a SORN, the vehicle doesn’t need to be taxed.

Richard Silver CTA Call us on 0808 231 3908